2019 Foodie Tour
13th Annual North Fork Foodie Tour
A self-guided behind-the-scenes tour of local farms, vineyards and food artisans.
The North Fork of Long Island is famous for its delectable fare. Here, the tradition of farming has continued and expanded. Now it's taken on yet another life as artisans have begun to produce distinctive foods and explore methods of sustainable agriculture.
The 13th Annual North Fork Foodie Tour will include 20 locations representing a wide array of food producers on the North Fork, all providing behind-the-scenes tours of their farms and other establishments.
The Foodie Tour is a self-guided tour (similar to a house tour) and provides the opportunity for all who attend to visit North Fork producers of unique, local, artisanal food, wine and beer. The North Fork Foodie Tour continues to showcase the best of what the North Fork has to offer. Hear, touch, feel and taste what makes the products, the people that produce them and the North Fork so special. There will be fun educational and delicious activities for all ages.
Participating Tour Locations:
In Southold, NY
- Peconic Land Trust Ag Center at Charnews Farm - 3005 Youngs Ave.
- Deep Roots Farm -- 57685 Main Rd.(Rt. 25)
- The Farm - 59945 Main Rd. (Rt. 25)
- North Fork Egg Farm -- 49900 Route 48
- North Fork Roasting Co. - 55795 Main Rd.
- Shared Table Farmhouse - 425 Jacobs Lane Southold, NY
In Peconic, NY
- Catapano Dairy Farm - 33705 Rt. 48
- Greenport Harbor Brewery - 42155 Main Rd.
- Krupski's Vegetable & Pumpkin Farm - 38030 Rt. 25
- Sang Lee Farms - 25180 Rt. 48
- Satur Farms - 27343 Rt. 48
- Treiber Farm - 38320 Rt. 48
In Cutchogue, NY
- 8 Hands Farm - 4735 Cox Ln.
- Castello di Borghese Vineyard - 17150 County Rd 48
In Mattituck, NY
- Browder's Birds - 4050 Soundview Ave.
- Eastern Front Brewery - 13100 Main Rd
In Riverhead, NY
- Goodale Farms - 250 Main Rd.
- RG|NY Vineyard --6025 Sound Ave
In East Marion, NY
- Lavender by the Bay - 7540 Main Rd.
In Orient, NY
- North Fork Flower Farm - 1110 Terry Lane, Orient, NY, 11957
A full schedule of events will be listed in the Foodie Tour Guide Booklet.
Speakers at Charnews Farm:
- Chef Taylor Knapp, Head Snail Wrangler at Peconic Escargot tells about the challenges and rewards of starting a business to raise snails to provide fresh escargot (never canned or frozen) to discerning local chefs.
- Chef Stephan Bogardus, formerly of the North Fork Table and Inn, and now at the Halyard demonstrates a seasonal dish made with local ingredients - YUM!
- Artist Monica Ray is an avid gardener who focuses on botanicals and natural science subjects. She'll talk about the secrets and beauty of portraying vegetables.
- Dan Heston, Director of Agricultural Programs for the Peconic Land Trust will talk about PLT's programs to protect and preserve East End farmlands and its incubator program for new farmers.
- Abra Moraweic grows pasture raised game birds and specialty poultry. She'll talk about the joys and challenges of growing heritage breeds of duck, turkeys and chickens as well as French Guinea Fowl, Chukar Partridge, Silkie Chickens and Bob White Quail.
For more information call (631) 722-5712 or log on to www.northforkreformsynagogue.org